February 26, 2015

Flowcharts or Pseudocode


Each student individually would need to decide whether flowcharts or pseudo code as a technique for learning programming is better. Each student will find different pros and cons to either tool. As to whether or not a tool is better, that is a matter of opinion.
Initially, I would think that I would be more successful learning using pseudo code. However, I know from past experience doing network and systems design that drawing an idea out is a very good place for me to start. I could also see using a combination of the two techniques for optimal learning.
A typical advantage that pseudo code has is that it is closer to the finished product. There are no rules to writing pseudo code, so we are free to write the code as needed. Flowcharts are capable of showing both a very detail oriented view, as well as a very high level overview of processes at just a glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment